It can be said that Asia Park (also known as Da Nang Wonder) is an extremely famous and attractive amusement park in Da Nang. Something to play to see the whole of Asia Park, you will need a certain amount of time but not in a day is enough.
Asia park location and structure
Encompassing a site of 868,694 square meter on the West bank of the Han River, Asia park contains several unique features and combines world re-known entertainment with a distinctively East Asian flair.
The park consists of three main areas: an amusement park with modern rides, attraction and shows; a cultural park that will consist of ten countries (including India, Japan, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, China, Korea, Vietnam, and Nepal) and will focus on traditional architecture and horticulture; and central zone, the interface between modern and traditional features. Anchoring the area between the two parks is the 115 meters tall Sun Wheel which is surrounded by lavish gardens and modern and traditional features.
The most impressive thing here is that Asia park Da Nang owns many records that will surely make you overwhelmed and excited, namely:
- The largest suspension roller coaster in Vietnam with a height of 34m, and 5 continuous 360-degree turns.
- Top 10 tallest solar wheels in the world with a height of 115 m.
- The highest modern sky train in Vietnam.
- The highest free-fall tower in Vietnam, with a height of 47 m.
When buying tickets, you will be free to check in, take photos, watch colorful art performances, explore the night market…, and some games will lose tickets.
The specific ticket prices are as follows:
Best time to visit Asia park
The weather in Da Nang is pretty hot, and almost all of the games in Asia Park are outdoor, so you might want to pick an appropriate time that it’s early enough so you can spend time trying as many games as you can, and not too early to avoid being tired by the hot weather.
In spite of opening from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m, the ideal time is around 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM. At this time, the weather starts to cool off and the park start to light up. In addition, you should absolutely ride the Sun Wheel a little bit later at night, when the city is lit up, to be able to observe the dreamy, mysterious, and gorgeous Da Nang city at a perfect height.
Things to do in Da Nang Asia park
Dubbed “Asia in miniature in the heart of Da Nang”, Asia park attracts a large number of visitors thanks to its attractive games as well as unique architectural works from many cultures.
Thrilling games at Asia park
Experience going to Asia park, it is true that you have lost in the paradise of games from gentle to the intense feeling that no one does not like from adults to children. Typical games here are:
- Ninja Flyer: In this game, players will lie down and fasten their seat belts to fly in the air. From 90cm – 105cm will need a companion, under 90cm cannot play Ninja Flyer.
- Journey to the West: a 2-minute round-trip cruise in the air for players to enjoy the feeling of windsurfing and the feeling of free-floating feet in the air.
- The Flying Kirins: Play as a crew member on a pirate ship that is floating in the distance. The ship will go out to sea, moving fast and slow as if surfing the sea, bringing a feeling of excitement and surprise in 120 seconds.
- Paradise Fall: As the first aerial roller coaster in Vietnam – Paradise Fall promises a sense of excitement and novelty for brave travelers.
- Golden Sky Tower: You will be soaring into the air at a height of 47m and then free-falling at a speed of nearly 70km/h, guaranteed to be an unforgettable “forever” experience.
- Queen Cobra: The largest suspension roller coaster in Vietnam, speed 80km/h with legs hanging freely. The feeling of your feet floating and being affected by the journey of the roller coaster will make you extremely excited.
- Singapore Sling: This game will take you up to a height of 30m and then rotate to a haunting 360 degrees. The legs are free, hanging loose, and no longer at will, making the player extremely excited.
- Sky Treasure: This is a thrilling game in Asia Park Da Nang that many young people participate in. You will sit on the train and run on the zigzag tracks winding up and down with speed sometimes extremely fast and sometimes slow.
Games for kids at Asia park
In addition, there are some other “lighter” games that everyone can play, for example:
- Love Lock: This game is suitable for families and groups of friends or couples in love. When coming to Love Lock, you will be able to ride on the ship and listen to popular Kpop songs together and experience the feeling of entering the music world of the beautiful country of Korea. Those over 125cm tall will be able to participate in this game and those from 100m – 125cm need an adult to accompany them when playing the Love Lock game at Asia Park.
- Dino Island: Next to the games at Asia Park Da Nang will be Dino Island – dinosaur island. This game can be played by anyone, but children under 90cm will have to be accompanied by an adult. Dino Island is very attractive to children because they can explore the funny and fancy prehistoric dinosaur world. The game is over in 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Festival Carousel: Like the Ferris wheel that you played with when you were a child, but much bigger and more beautiful. You will be able to sit on colorful horses, under shimmering lights if you play in the evening, and then take beautiful memories when playing the Festival Carousel at Asia Park Danang. The game lasts 2 minutes and children under 90cm need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Happy Choo Choo: A tiny train is moving on the tracks for children to explore the world, explore the colorful ocean. This game is suitable for families with young children to play, children under 90cm in height will be accompanied by parents. This is a fun game in Asia Park Da Nang the children love.
- Treehouse Playland: Also in the amusement park in Asia park, Treehouse Playland will be an attractive photo-taking place for your whole family.
- Garuda Valley: This is a roller coaster game for children that is extremely enjoyable for little ones. In one turn, there will be 16 children playing and the game takes place within 90 seconds, children under 90cm will not be able to participate in this game, children from 90cm – 120cm need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Fireflies Forest: Minimum height 115cm, from 100cm – 115cm will need an adult to accompany. Remember to fasten your seat belt before you go out with the fireflies at this Asia Park.
- Kabuki Trucks: With the game Kabuki Trucks, your whole family will be sitting on the wheel of extremely lovely and cute convertible cars. Children under 100cm will not be able to play this game, children from 100cm to 115cm need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Monorail: This is the overhead tram system of Asia Park – one of the most attractive entertainment places in Da Nang Asia park, helping you to the park to admire the panorama.
Beautiful check-in places at Asia park
In addition to participating in the attractive games that has suggested above, you do not forget to bring your camera to take a lot of beautiful photos.
- City Gate: Built based on the architecture of the ancient Hue citadel. The gate is both a place where people can take pictures and the entrance and exit of Asia park.
- Sun Wheel: Reaching the top 5 highest wheels in the world, 115m high. Sun Wheel with 64 cabins, speed of 15 minutes/revolution is one of the destinations not to be missed in Da Nang. From the height of 115m of this giant wheel, you will have the opportunity to admire the panoramic view of beautiful city.
- Clock Tower: Entering the Sun Wheel Area, you will encounter the Clock Tower – a unique architectural work with typical architecture of 10 Asian countries.
- Dragon Boat: With an area of 20m2 on the banks of the Han River. Dragon Boat is an ideal stopover for you to enjoy the city landscape and enjoy the cool breeze from the river.
- Culture Park: This is the most interesting place in the park because you will admire the unique architecture, culture, and cuisine of 10 Asian countries: Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, China, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, India, and Vietnam. Additionally, during the Mid-Autumn Festival in Da Nang Asia park, you can admire the Carnival performance of colorfully dressed characters in the style of the Masskara Smile Festival. It was held in Bacolod City, Visayas island, the Philippines, and so on.
- Maitreya Buddha Statue: Sculpted from monolithic stone 4.7 m high, weighing 20 tons. Maitreya Buddha Statue is placed in a quiet space on the banks of the Han River as a symbol of happiness, joy, and luck.
The perfect destination for a weekend picnic
Coming to Asia park, you can choose this place for a picnic with many interesting experiences. Because, in the middle of the city center, the park offers green spaces that can shake off the noise, hustle and stress.
Besides, there are thousands of trees of various types. Including phoenix flower, cherry, canary, Lagerstroemia, carefree flower, sesame, and so on. There are also typical types such as Tung la Han, which only appear in the gardens of the Aristocrats of Japan. Asia park is the same as a unique botanical park for those who love to explore.
What to eat at Da Nang Asia park
In the park, most of the buffet restaurants are self-service and the dishes here are mostly of Asian origin with more than 100 different dishes. If you buy tickets according to the combo, you will be able to enjoy eating at these buffet restaurants.
On the contrary, if you want to eat other special dishes and be served wholeheartedly, you can visit the following 3 restaurants:
- Panda Restaurant: Serves a wide variety of Chinese dishes.
- Ninja Restaurant: Specializes in serving Japanese dishes.
- Jummie Restaurant: Specializes in serving fast food, ice cream, desserts and beverages.
Reviews Asia park on Tripadvisor
Really enjoyed our evening out at Asia Park. Very reasonable and no queues at all which was really good. The wheel was fantastic with amazing views of Da Nang
Cathy K (Rotherham, UK)
Park is amazing. It is very big. So kids can run and play.
The important thing is that there is not much people. We were in line (around 10min) only for the Sun Wheel. On the other carousels there were no any lines.
We spent there 5 hours and kids didn’t want to leave. We had real fun. We decided to buy just tickets for entrance (no combo, buffet) and then I realized that it was right decision. Since there is street food and you could just buy what you want.
Aliya (Hong Kong)
Let’s be clear- this is no Disneyland. This isn’t even in the same ballpark as Six Flags or Magic Mountain. It’s quirky and bizarre…with oddly placed statues. I know the park was going for a world theme- showing off different countries/cultures…but it’s a little weird. But it makes for great laughs, photos, and the people watching is fantastic (lots of Asian couples coordinating outfits taking selfies for Instagram/Snapchat). But enough about that- there are some decent rides/coasters to keep kids and teens entertained for a few hours. We went right at 3:00 when it opened and lines were non-existent. Once the sun goes down the park is really pretty with all of the lights. The best part- it’s ridiculously cheap. 5 stars based on price alone! Tickets for our family of 6 cost about $34ish USD. And don’t bother eating at the park. The Lotte Mart is 5 min walk away and has decent food options. Bottom line- lower your expectations and you’ll have a really fun time and enjoy yourself.
Kim D (Dhahran, Saudi Arabia)
Getting to Asia park
Asia park is located in the center, it is extremely convenient to move around. You can take a taxi, bus, or motorbike taxi or rent a motorbike yourself, and by the way, just go to Google Maps, there will be very detailed instructions.
Lastly, a note for you is that Asia park is constantly innovating and upgrading with special and monumental festivals, bringing the best emotions to you. So remember to follow the information about the festivals to come on time.
FEATURED TOURS AND EXPERIENCES