My Khe Beach is one of Da Nang city’s most beautiful beaches. The beach is famous for its blue sky, smooth white sand, gentle slope, clear & warm water year round and beautiful areas surrounded by coconut trees. Everything around you is peaceful, natural, relaxing, that’s why Forbes Magazine selected My Khe beach as “one of the most attractive beaches on the planet” title. Moreover, My Khe beach was commended as one of 10 most popular beaches in Asia by The Sunday Herald Sun of Australia.
My Khe beach’s location
My Khe Beach is located about 6km East of Da Nang and about 24km North of Hoi An. It is a 900 meters stretch of smooth sand with an average width between 50m and 70m. The gradient is gentle, and its sheltered position in the lee of the Son Tra peninsula softens the autumn winds that restrict swimming further down the coast.
Best time to visit My Khe beach
Sea water in My Khe is cool with a little wave so you can bath all year’s round, especially in summer from April to September. The lack of large waves, less than average pollution, and a mean annual temperature around 25°C, makes it a safe place to swim for adults and children alike. You might want to avoid the typhoon season from October to January, because swimming in My Khe would be impossible. For surfing, come to My Khe during September for excellent conditions. For photography opportunity, come to My Khe in sunrise and sunset.
Furthermore, the Da Nang seashore’s security crew works from 5 AM to 8 PM every day to ensure the safety of guests bathing and relaxing on the beach. This makes the area safe for tourists.
Also read: Weather in Da Nang
Top things to do at My Khe beach
My Khe beach with its clean coast and smooth sand beach is truly an ideal place for couples and families to have memorable time.
Sunbathing, swimming, surfing, and parasailing
With its large beach space and gentle waves, the beach offers a variety of entertaining activities including volleyball, fishing, windsurfing, water-skiing, parachute jumping, sunbathing, diving, yacht racing, and so on. Especially, you can go swimming at the 3 main beaches: Pham Van Dong park, T20 -T18, and 1-2-3 beaches.
Beach Pham Van Dong
This beach is near the junction of Pham Van Dong road. It connects with the coastal road that runs from Son Tra peninsula to Hoi An. This beach is quite small and is primarily used for activities in the nearby park.
This beach was the first to be formed. It is 500 meters away from the intersection of Vo Van Kiet Boulevard and Vo Nguyen Giap Street. T20-T18 Beach has a shorter length than Pham Van Dong Beach, but it has deeper water and larger waves. As a result, T20-T18 Beach is an ideal destination for those who seek adventure and enjoy participating in thrilling exciting activities such as surfing, canoeing, and parasailing.
The beach No.1, 2, 3 is the major of My Khe Beach. It is at the crossroads of Vo Van Kiet Boulevard and Vo Nguyen Giap Street. This beach is well-known for its wide expanse of white sand and clear water. It is also one of Vietnam’s best places for sunbathing and team-building activities. Because the sea waves are not very high, it is safe for children and the elderly to bathe at this beach.
Read more: Everything about Water Sports in Da Nang
Taking in the natural beauty of My Khe beach
Another popular thing to do at My Khe beach is watching the sunrise and sunset. You can sit back and relax in a comfortable chair, sipping coconut water and watching the sunrise and sunset.
Because of its white sand and clear blue water, the beach is especially lovely at sunrise and sunset. When the sun sets, My Khe takes on an extra coat of color that is more still and tranquil, and the transition between day and night has an atmosphere so beautiful that it can make the traveler’s heart skip a beat.
Taking amazing photos
Not only is it an ideal place for sightseeing and swimming, My Khe beach is also a place to take amazing photos with its beautiful stretches of white smooth sand, blue water, yellow sunshine and poetic ranges of coconut trees nearby. This is an exciting activity not to be missed on the most charming beach in the world.
What to eat at My Khe beach
Along the beach, there is plenty of seafood restaurants and stalls, and large numbers of local vendors traverse the beach selling all kinds of foods and drinks. Seafood specialities like shrimps, crabs, fish, cuttles, etc. In hundreds of small shops are at reasonable price. They can be irritating sometimes. If they are too persistent, you should ignore the nuisance since that is the best strategy.
Some good seafood restaurants for your reference
- Address: 1C-1D Vo Nguyen Giap, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Service hours: 8 am – 10 pm every day
Syrena is a high-class seafood restaurant, with a campus of about 1,000m2 located on My Khe.
Blue Whale restaurant
- Address: 5-6 Hoàng Sa, Phước Mỹ ward, Sơn Trà District, Đà Nẵng
- Service hours: 10 am – 10 pm every day
With the advantage of lying in the middle of greenery, windy sea space, designed in the classic architectural style, Blue Whale restaurant is always chosen by the customers as a dating and relaxing place. family.
Be Man seafood restaurant
- Address: Lot No.14, Võ Nguyên Giáp, Son Tra District, Da Nang
- Service hours: 9 am – 11 pm daily
Be Man restaurant is famous throughout Da Nang because of its large space, airy, extremely crowded every night, and fresh, delicious and quality seafood, richly processed. Although the shop is crowded, the staff are fast and enthusiastic. Prices here are quite popular.
- Address: Lot No.12-13 Vo Nguyen Giap, Da Nang
- Service hours: 9 am – 11 pm daily
4U seafood restaurant is located on the beach, overlooking the sea, open space, wide, beautiful and unique design.
Hotels in My Khe beach
The beach has hotels, pleasure houses and various abundant services, creating favourable conditions for you to relax on the seashores. You can come here to play and rest at the weekend.
Below are some good hotels near My Khe beach
Reviews My Khe beach on Tripadvisor
Nice beach, it gets crowded in the summer though. If you’re planning a visit to DaNang it’s definitely not to miss. Swimming conditions are ok.
Claire (Athens, Greece)
Even though the seas were too rough to swim – red flags out and authorities monitoring – My Khe beach is still glorious. For the moment, there’s a lot of debris as Danang had recently suffered a number of storm hits. But, I still walked on the beach, jogged on the beach, and read my book on it. Plus, for history buffs, this is the famous “China Beach.”
JSTrip_77 (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Super beach what more can you say about a beach. Very long & wide many kiosks along the way. Nothing more..
globetrotter131244 (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
Getting to My Khe beach
You can reach this beach by taking any of the following routes. Choose the best mode of transportation for you and get ready to enjoy My Khe Beach activities.
- By flight: The best way to get to My Khe beach is by plane. There are many international and domestic flights to Da Nang. After landing at Da Nang International Airport, take a taxi to My Khe Beach, which is only 5 kilometers away. You could also rent a scooter there.
- By train: There is a line of trains named Reunification Express which arrive in Da Nang multiple times a day. This route would take a long time to get to Da Nang, but it would be much cheaper. And you can enjoy the scenery of the country along the way.
- By car: There are several options for getting to Da Nang by car. You could rent a car near Da Nang International Airport. Then hop in the car and drive to My Khe Beach from the airport. If you are arriving at the Chan May or Tien Sa seaports, there are car rental services from which you can hire a car and drive to My Khe beach.
- By bus: If you choose this option, you must go from Hoi An. You can take a local bus from Hoi An to Da Nang. Buses depart every 15-30 minutes at the Hoi An station. A bus ride from Hoi An to Da Nang takes almost 45 minutes.
Tips to have a wonderful trip at My Khe beach
When visiting My Khe beach, you should note the following tips to some experiences to ensure their safety while on the beach.
- Before entering the sea, you should warm up for at least 5 minutes, to avoid unwanted accidents.
- Do not swim far more than 15m and deeper than 5m.
- Remember using sunscreen
- Do not go swimming when the temperature is below 18 degree
- Most beaches in Da Nang have venomous jellyfish, so to avoid being attacked, you should wear a discreet swimsuit and prepare sour vinegar in advance to be ready to give first aid to the wound. If you forget to bring vinegar, you can wash the wound gently with seawater and then cover it with sand to limit the jellyfish’s venom.
- Signs of reverse current you should avoid when swimming: it will usually be darker in color than the surrounding water, the surface often has smaller and calmer waves, bubbles or debris may appear on the surface.
The beach is beautiful and peaceful in the early morning, if one day to Da Nang, you visit My Khe beach and wake up early to welcome the sea dawn, you will feel the look. Beautiful, very sweet but very sparkling as a picture.