Nowadays, the globalization process has grown dramatically due to advances in transportation and communication technology. This leads to the global integration of international trade, ideas, and cultures. However, it does not mean that it is free to go via all countries around the world, as each of them has their own policies about immigration and Vietnam is not an exception. To those who go abroad for different purposes such as business, traveling, charity, etc, they will find it quite nerve-wracking with these procedures, especially with visa application or visa fee. As we had a complete article about Vietnam visa application, in this one, we just focus on everything you need to know about Vietnam visa fee.
General information about Viet Nam Visa fee
1. What is Vietnam Visa or “Thị thực”
Visa is the international name. In Vietnam, we call it “Thị thực”. This is the type of document that proves that Vietnam granting the visa allows you to enter or leave our country where your visa is issued.
2. What is Vietnam Visa fee
The amount of money you have to pay for issuing Visa and document related to entry, exit, and immigration in Vietnam.
3. Who has to pay for Vietnam Visa fee
According to the provisions of Circular No. 219/2016/TT-BTC issued by the Diplomatic and Police Security Ministry on 10th November 2016 on entry, exit, and immigration in Vietnam, there are two subjects who have to pay Visa fee:
a. Vietnamese citizens
When they carry out procedures to request competent agencies in Vietnam to issue papers related to their passports, passports or emigrants, they have to pay fees.
When they request competent agencies in Vietnam to issue papers related to their residence, exit or entry, they have to pay a fee.
4. Who takes charge for getting Vietnam Visa fee
Immigration Control Department, Ministry of Public Security, the Border Guard Command of the provinces and cities under control of the Central Government; The Consular Department of the Ho Chi Minh City Foreign Affairs Service (the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) will collect charges and fees according to the provisions of this Circular.
5. What is the currency for Vietnam Visa fee
Vietnam Visa fees and documents related to entry and exit Vietnam for foreigners are collected in Vietnam dong or US dollar (US$). For the rates prescribed in US$, they will be collected in US$ or collected in Vietnam dong on the basis of converting US$ into VND. It is the exchange rate of US$ purchased in the form of transfer of the head office of Vietcombank (Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam) according to national policies at the time of paying the fee, at the end of the working day or before holidays.
Types of Vietnam visa fee for foreigners
1. Vietnam Visa fee according to Vietnam government
When foreigners want to enter Vietnam according to their purposes, they should choose a suitable visa and consider how many times they need to enter or leave and how long they stay. If you feel a bit confused with different types of visa fee, keep reading our article to update about Vietnam Visa fee in details.
a. Vietnam Visa stamp fee
It is the fee that you must pay directly to Immigration Officers in USD or VND cash at the landing visa counter to get your Vietnam Visa stamped on your passport on arrival at the Vietnam airport. There are two kinds of Vietnam Visa stamp fee:
- Single entry: the single entry visa is a kind of visa that allows foreigners to enter and exit Vietnam for only one time during the validity of the visa and not to change the purposes of the visa.The fee of this kind is US$ 25/visa.
- Multiple entries: this kind of visa allows foreigners to enter and exit Vietnam for many times during the validity of the visa and not to change the purposes of the visa.
The fee for multiple entry visa depends on the staying duration:
b. Other fees related to Vietnam Visa
Besides two kinds of Vietnam visa fee you must pay at the Vietnam airport to enter Vietnam, you also should pay attention to other fees related to visa and documents. You can get them at working offices of the Exit and Entry Management Department where you are living in Vietnam:
Transfer the value of the visa, temporary resident card or the validity of temporary residence from the old passport into the new passport
According to the provisions of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam that takes effect from 1st, July 2017 people having foreign nationalities must use valid passports and visas to be allowed to entry and reside in Vietnam. In order to be legally resident in Vietnam, you need to apply for a visa, transit visa or valid resident permit from old passport to a new passport or new visa or request to apply new visa for new passports issued.
This procedure is carried out at the Immigration Department of the province or city where you are staying.
The Vietnam Visa fee for this procedure is US$5.
Issue Visa exemption
Exemption of visa means that a nation permits citizens of other countries to enter and stay in a certain period of time without having to carry out procedures as well as to pay fees related to entry and exit.
In cases where the above-said fee is exempted, the fee-collecting organizations will have to stamp “GRANT EXEMPTION” (GRATIS) on the granted papers.
The fee for issuing Visa exemption is US$ 10/visa.
Issue temporary resident card
Temporary resident cards (TRC) for foreigners in Vietnam will give them the right to live and work in Vietnam according to the period of time printed on the card. During the time when the temporary card is still valid, foreigners can enter or leave the country without having to spend time as well as money making a visa.
Temporary resident extension
Temporary resident extension for foreigners in Vietnam is known as temporary resident card issuing service for foreigners. Immigration Department or Immigration Department will withdraw expired temporary residence cards and issue new cards by lengthening the period of validity on old temporary residence cards.
When a foreigner has been granted a temporary residence card, it is not necessary to apply for a renewal or extension of the Vietnamese visa for the duration of validity of the card in Clause 3, Article 15 of the Ordinance on Entry and Exit as well as the Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
The fee for Temporary resident extension is US$ 10/time.
New issuance, re-issuance of permanent resident card
Permanent residence cards are papers granted by immigration authorities to foreigners who are allowed to permanently reside in Vietnam and have a valid visa.
The permanent residence card issued by the police of the province or city under central authority. Once every 10 years, permanent foreigners must go to the police offices of the provinces or centrally-run cities where they permanently reside to issue cards.
In 20 days after receiving a full document, the police of the province or city under central authority where the permanent resident re-issued the card.
The fee for New issuance, re-issuance of a permanent resident card is US$100
Issue visas for passengers transiting by airway and seaway to travel and visit Vietnam
Transit means foreigners go via or stay transit area at Vietnam’s international border gate to travel to third countries.
Transit by airway
- Foreigners traveling by airway are exempted from visas and must stay in the transit area at the international airport for the duration of their flight.
- At the time of transiting, foreigners who want to enter Vietnam for sightseeing according to some programs organized by Vietnam travel enterprise will be granted for issuing suitable visas based on the duration of transit. The fee for issuing transit visa, in this case, is US$ 5/person.
Transit by Seaway
- Foreigners who transit by seaway are exempted from visas and must stay in the transit area at seaport border gates during the time of the boat mooring.
- Foreigners who want to enter Vietnam for sightseeing according to some programs organized by Vietnam travel enterprise will be granted for issuing suitable visas based on the duration of transit. The fee for issuing transit visa, in this case, is US$ 5/person.
Visa issuance at border gates is valid for no more than 15 days
Visa issuance at border gates is valid for no more than 15 days in cases where foreigners enter Vietnam under unilateral visa exemption conditions, then exit to third countries and then return to Vietnam at the time of departure. Vietnam is less than 30 days. The Vietnam visa fee for this case is US$ 5/person.
Issue entry and exit permits for foreigners permanently residing in Vietnam without passports
The requirements foreigners have to meet to be issued entry and exit permit:
- Have permanent resident card issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department?
- There is no passport or a valid document which can substitute a passport issued by a competent authority of a foreign country.
- Be not subject to Not subject to suspension of exit according to the provisions of Vietnamese law.
- After receiving a full and lawful document for 4 days, the Vietnam Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security will consider and grant exit and entry permits.
- The fee for this case is VND 200,000/time.
Issue permits for persons who have entered economic zones at the border gate with border pass to visit other places in the province.
In this case, it takes you US$ 10/person.
In case of loss or damage of the above-mentioned papers, the fee will be re-granted as for new ones.
2. The Vietnam Visa service fee according to agencies
The information we have mentioned above is all kinds of fees you must pay for Vietnam government to get your visa or related documents when you enter Vietnam or reside in Vietnam.
Besides it, we also want to mention another kind of Vietnam Visa fee. It is Vietnam Visa service fee. Visa service fee is the amount of money that the applicant have to pay in advance for service during a Vietnam visa online processing from consulting about Vietnam visa on arrival, receiving, checking the applicant’s personal information, informing the status and result to collecting the pre-approval visa letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department then sending it to applicant in order to get their visa stamped at the Vietnam Airports when arriving. This fee depends on agencies, nationalities, purposes of visiting, types of visa (staying duration), etc. The service fee ranges from US$ 10 to US$ 395.
There are some reliable agencies you can consider:
When you use Vietnam Visa service, it is simply a more convenient alternative to receive your proper documents to enter Vietnam, especially for those who do not live in an area that is easy to access to the Vietnam Embassy.
As you work with a Vietnam Visa agency to get your approval letter, you will be allowed to fly to Vietnam, with the full assurance that you will be granted your official visa upon arrival in the country.
Related post: Guide to Visa on Arrival for Vietnam
Things to do before applying for Vietnam visa and paying Vietnam visa fee
- Find out and study the information related to Vietnam Visa and Vietnam Visa fee, the process of application and regulations as well.
- Prepare related document well for applying Vietnam Visa to save time and energy.
- Change suitable currency when paying for a fee. There are 2 kinds of currencies: US$ and VND. Make sure you prepare suitable notes for your purposes.
- Follow guidelines from Departments or which take charge to deal with your problems.
- Watch out with guys or fake agencies who ask to provide you visa application service. They can provide you fake visa or defraud you of your money.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE