Why Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo is special
The name says it all. It is a combination of fresh ingredients such as belly pork, fresh vegetables. All things are wrapped in soft rice paper and eaten with dipping sauce. This dish is famous because of 3 things below
- The pork: There are fat at both ends of a slice.
- The sauce: anchovy fish sauce (mam nem)
- The greens: include more than 10 different kinds of herbs such as lettuce, Thai basils, peppermint, banana blossoms, etc.
How to roll
Basically for many dishes you’d roll like this, but Banh trang cuon thit heo, it’s slightly different. There is one more layer of triangle rice flour (which looks like Pho before being cut into strings) to add to the rice paper before inserting vegetables and pork. Small trick: put the rice paper right on top of the rice flour and quickly take it out, one piece of the rice flour with stick together with the rice paper.
Where to eat Sliced Pork Rolled With Rice Paper
- Dac San Tran (Tran Restaurant): 04 Le Duan Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Mau 2 (Mau 2 Restaurant): 156 2/9 Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Quan Dai Loc: 97 Trung Nu Vuong Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
FEATURED TOURS AND EXPERIENCES