Why Com Ga (Chicken Rice) is special
Chicken Rice is a very typical dish of this ancient city, and yet very different from others chicken rice in other places in the same province of Quang Nam or Da Nang. While Northern Vietnamese people like to eat the whole piece of boiled chicken thighs or chest, Da Nang people have their own way to make the chicken unforgettable with customers.
Boiled chicken is cut or torn into smaller slices, seasoned with spices like salt, pepper, chilli and Vietnamese coriander – the main factor that makes the dish savory. Combine perfectly with chicken slices, the golden rice made in pilaf form complete the wonderful dish. The rice in this set is cooked with chicken broth, with a dash of fresh turmeric to give it a glossy yellow colour. The small bit of greasiness promises a memorable savour to diners.
The full dish is served with sliced mint leaves and onions to add on to the taste of chicken and spices, and the famous chilli sauce is poured evenly over the dish to create the familiar spicy element in Central Vietnam cuisine. A chicken rice dish surely can help you to cure their hunger and make them remember the place for years.
Where to eat Com Ga (Chicken Rice)
- Hong Ngoc Chicken Rice Restaurant: 106 Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City.
- Com ga Ba Buoi: 253 Ho Nghinh Street, Son Tra District, Da Nang City
- Com ga Ba Nguyet: 40 Le Dinh Duong Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Com ga Phuong Ky: 40 Hoang Ke Viem Street, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City
- Com ga Hoang Yen: 429 Dien Bien Phu Street, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City